1. Lu got baptized. Father John allowed us to have it during teacher's mass (every week all the Mount Carmel teachers go to Mass on Thursdays after school) and it was just perfect. Such a wonderful community celebration. And after, we had Dona Betty make her famous pizzas, and everyone feasted on pizza and homemade fresh ice cream and cupcakes. Welcome little Lu!
2. RASPBERRIES. They are not something you find in Belize anywhere. Last year we were surprised to find a Mennonite nursery selling a tropical variety, and got a couple of bushes. This seems to be the time of year for berries. I'm only getting a handful at a time, but I'm freezing them so maybe in a year or two I'll have enough to make some jam :)
3. Miss M has a problem with that other baby getting a bottle when she does not. She is also fascinated by Lu's eyelashes, which has resulted in several unfortunate eye-poking encounters.
4. Don't worry, Lu's fine. Those eyelashes are pretty tempting though.
5. Morning view, with guinea hen
6. This is some kind of toucannette (Daniel told me but I am horrible with bird names). This pair apparently loves papaya, and spent several mornings devouring the fruit which was conveniently located just a few feet from my window. They are just glorious to watch.
7. Bonus toucan shot. Isn't he a gorgeous fellow?
linking up with Jen for 7 quick takes today.