Monday, February 21, 2011

my weekend

So this last weekend was a jumble of random things.  Made a couple of batches of banana bread, and our first batch of goat cheese! Our nannies are giving over a liter a day now, so we finally had enough to make it worth our while.

Daniel kneading the cheese.  Who knew you had to knead cheese?
this is how much cheese you get from 1 liter of milk
Unfortunately, the cheese was kinda bad.  Daniel thinks we added too much renin, so next week we will be a little more scientific and try experimenting with different amounts.

I did a little flower-shooting and the cat decided to model for me



and then this happened:

Yep, that's a baby pig that Daniel is bottle feeding.  He was out walking with our dogs, when my dog suddenly ran by carrying a screaming baby pig in his mouth.  Which was something of a shock, because we didn't even know there were baby pigs on the farm.  Anyways, Daniel brought the little guy home (still screaming-- I heard them coming from quite a distance) and we cleaned it up and quieted it down with some warm milk.  Fortunately it only had a few scrapes and bruises.  Then it fell fast asleep and Daniel took it back to it's mom.... I think I'm going to have to visit them tonight, baby pigs are soooo adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...