Monday, November 14, 2011

expofair Chetumal


A few weeks ago we went to the Expofair in Chetumal, Mexico.  It's basically like a State fair.  Only the hats are WAY bigger.  


There were animals of course, and we spent lots of time gazing longingly at cows.  And when I say we, I mean Daniel.  I liked this little guy's hairdo.


There was tons of food.  I have no idea what any of this stuff is, I was told they were "sweets."  I was also forbidden to eat anything at the fair by the Belizean family we were with.  They do not trust Mexican food (I wonder if there is much difference between Belizean and Mexican Giardia?).


I did sneak a strawberry popsicle.  Sadly, it did not taste like strawberries.


There was a huge building filled with artisans selling their crafts.  I didn't bring much money, which was a big mistake.  Next year.




And of course there were rides.

I discovered that Daniel had never been on a bumper car!  That needed to be remedied promptly.

I think he liked it.


The night was finished with a round of bull riding. 
So much fun, we will definitely be going back again!

2 comments:

  1. I can just hear Daniel! "Why would I want to get into a car and bump into stuff?" Miss you and that fabulous country (and that husband of yours, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looooved it. Had a huge smile on his fave the whole time as he was being bashed around by a bunch of 10 yr olds :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...