Thursday, August 23, 2012

ants.

Gratuitous puppy photo.... because I'm not taking a picture of ants.
Today is our 4th wedding anniversary. What am I doing?  Oh, just battling the kabillion ants who have decided to move into my house.  I know, so romantic.  It's been raining a lot here, and the ants have decided my nice dry house is preferable to their soggy one.  I have several weapons in my repertoire; baby powder works really well on entrance points, and tea tree oil quickly stops ant highways on countertops and shelves. My house smells...interesting.  I have not yet come up with a solution for ants on my couch, hence the reason I am blogging from the rocking chair.  Sadly, the annoying yard chickens are not the least bit interested in finding and eating ants as they exodus from their ant hills, which puzzles me because I thought chickens ate ants.  Daniel just laughs when I complain, and says that is why I should not get information about chickens from the internet.
Anyways, the good thing about the ants is cooking has become difficult (as anything on my countertops becomes an immediate target) so that means we will have to go out for an anniversary dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...