Saturday, December 4, 2010

in transit...

I'm on my way home!! I'm actually writing this from Houston airport, yay for first world luxuries like free wireless.  Boo for $6 slices of pizza.  They have the much-publicised x-ray machines here, but no one seems concerned.  While I was waiting for security about 4 people got picked for the x-ray.  They are see-through, so I could see that they ask the person to stand inside with their hands on their head, and then 2 seconds later they are done.  No one was fussing.  I was planning on opting-out if I was selected, but walked through without a problem.  A guy a few people behind me opted out- the only person I saw do this in the 1/2 hour or so I was waiting.  I stuck around to see what the famous pat-down would be like (he wasn't taken to a private room- he declined the option).  The man asked the TSA screener if he would have to call his lawyer, somewhat jokingly I think, but the TSA man made a big deal of calling over another screener to  observe the pat down.  Really, it was just a longer version of the pat downs I have seen and gotten before in security- just running hands over the extremities and back.  The only big difference is that the TSA person runs his gloved hands inside the waistband of the screen-ee's pants.  They then test the gloves for explosives.  The agent was very professional, explaining everything beforehand and during the pat down.  No big deal.

On a different note- my favorite travel moment so far:  A "surely you can't be serious" sticker on a passing pilot's luggage.  Name that movie!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...