Friday, February 4, 2011

saturday market


So last Saturday started off as your average market day.  A guy hauling porta-potties called me baby and offered me a ride, a band in the Cayo square was playing some song with mostly inenteligible words except for the refrain of "ganjaaaa, ooooh gaaanjaaaa"....

And then, I saw something amazing for sale--


Peas!  Ok, so it doesn't take very much to get me excited, but Daniel has been trying to grow peas here for years without success-- our theory is that it is just too hot here.  We are limited to those awful mushy canned peas.  I bought a couple of pounds, and we are drying some in the hopes that it is some hardy strain that we will finally be successful growing.

Market total:
1 lb tomatoes
1 lb onions
1 lb peppers
2 lbs beans
1 lb carrots
10 bananas
1 pineapple
2 lbs peas
---------------------
$10 US!  (produce is really cheap right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...