Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A new set of twin goats was born over the weekend, and I will put up pictures soon- the transformer on the farm blew last night and we didn't have electricity, so no fooling with photos.  As I was grumbling while squinting over a candle- lit dinner, I kept reminding myself that a) this is supposed to be romantic and b) I live in a third world country and Daniel's family didn't even have electricity until he was 13 so suck it up.  Didn't really help, bugs kept being attracted by the candle flame and flying at my face.

Anyways the reason I'm posting today is because I saw the movie The Tourist last weekend and it was really fun.  Go watch it.  It had a great mix of twisty plot, beautiful location, and to-die-for clothing (seriously if I had millions I would hand this movie to a tailor and ask for one of everything that Angelina Jolie wears).  Also, it was kind of funny.  I love the connotation given to 'the tourist' in this movie- the universal assumption is that a tourist must be slightly helpless and more then slightly dumb.  Maybe this is just extra amusing to me because I live in a tourist area...and am constantly mistaken for a tourist. And although I appreciate the asthetics of Johhny Depp's wardrobe in this movie, for the sake of authenticity perhaps his tailored suits and subtle scarves should have been replaced with white tube socks worn with sandals, a ball cap with an American flag on it, and 2-3 cameras hanging off him.  He is playing an American tourist, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...